Created by Dietitian Nichole H.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Chili Powder | 1 Tablespoon
Kosher salt and ground black pepper | to taste
Baby bell peppers, halves, stemmed and seeded |1 pound
Yellow onion, thinly sliced | 1, large
Extra-virgin olive oil | 2 Tablespoons
Boneless, skinless chicken breast | 1 ½ pounds
Lime | 2 (1 juiced and 1 wedged)
Fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed | 8
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa and sour cream for serving
- Preheat the broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the chili powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Put the peppers and onions on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with half the chili powder mixture. Broil until softened and starting to char, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices and toss in a large bowl with the remaining chile powder mixture and 1 tablespoon oil.
- After the peppers are softened and starting to char, about 10 minutes, scatter the chicken on top of the peppers and onions and return the baking sheet to the broiler until the chicken is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes more. Drizzle with the lime juice.
- Serve with the warmed tortillas, Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.
Special Diet Information:
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 470 kcals, Total Fat 17, Saturated Fat 3, Trans Fat 0g, Total Carbohydrates 34, Fiber 24 g, Sugar 6 g, Protein 44 g, Sodium 1100 mg
Resource: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/sheet-pan-chicken-fajitas-3680272 Modified by: Nicole Hochhalter, MS, RDN, LRD
*These protein-packed fajitas cleverly use a foil-lined baking sheet and broiler to make a quick and healthy weeknight meal with easy clean up.